Monday, January 2, 2012

Four Years Ago Today

Good morning every one come on in Through My Back Door. We are having hot chocolate today, I hope that is okay. It is homemade and we can put marshmallows in it if you like. When my children were little I made them homemade instant hot chocolate mix. It was in a container and sat, are you ready for this?, on a metal utility cart from the S&H Green stamp store.Okay, I am telling my age, but that is not what concerns me here. It is the fact I thought that cart was awesome! Anyway, they loved it and had been years and years since I had made it. One day Deb said she sure would like to have some of my homemade hot chocolate mix, and the light went on!  I made it for each child and grandchild, plus some for others for Christmas. So, we are having the left over today. (It is not setting on a metal utility cart,either)However the girls who love the 50's-60's vintage would love it. Now on to the title of todays blog. It was four years ago today this young man came Through My Back Door.
Can you see the white around his muzzle? He will be nine in May. He was 4and 1/2 when I got him. It was unreal how quickly we bonded. (Of course you have heard the story and KNOW it was Divine intervention.) He did mourn for his former master for 2 days, laying by the back door waiting for her to return. Now when she comes to visit he lets her love on him for a while and then comes and lays by my feet the rest of her visit. So today is Dasko's "gotcha" day. I am going to cook him some fresh veggies and give him his favorite, applesauce. I had to have an older dog, because Hillary my last one before Dasko, chewed up EVERYTHING in the house. Dodd told Deb and Doug one time, that dog was chewing up their inheritance.lol
Well, I have continued to tweak. and retweak, again. Just can't seem to get it right. I will show you a few things I have done. first my stove board. I love my stove board,as it is an antique, but I just never seem to get it "right". Here it is for now. What do you think?
The eggs were a gift from the Bama Planter.Bama Planter The towel from Sue.Primsue's Heart and Home
The candle from Angela at
Thru Nana's Window
So everything on there is special. The basket is from the Worlds Longest yard Sale a couple of years ago. Of course the egg basket was made by Curtis' great,great grandmother. The two litte pieces of treen are fromOhio. DO you see the heart on the butter stamp? It is getting very close to "heart" time.lol
The table next to my recliner. Oops, more hearts already. Carol and I made these a couple of years ago, but they still smell so good.
For some reason I love this. I'll show you a close up of the lamb.
Some like him, as well as some peeps are going to be for sale at the Hen this spring. I love him.
I like this little vignette. I know, I know, bows are passe', but I like this big homespun bow on this crock.lol The box was made by Pam and Frank, as well as the slave doll I am going to show you next.
They are Civil folks and I can't get the link to work, but they are on my side bar. I absolutely love this doll. Don't you? Isn't her apron wonderful?
The table. Plain and simple. I am going to try to be more simple this year. In my decor that is. I am already pretty "simple."lol
My tavern table in front of the couch. Hey, my quill is gone! I bet I know who has moved it!lol
I'll show you a picture of the culprit! This is Boo. Dodd found her years ago in the creek, pregnant and pitiful. We found homes for the kitties,all four, and kept her. She is totally not grateful, but we love her. She is getting sweeter as she ages.
 This is behind the couch.(Goodness, like you can't see that)

Well, I am so glad you visited today and I am happy to share the tweaks and re tweaks. Thanks for coming Through My Back Door, where life is good.
betty
PS" I wanted to show you this sweet picture of Mollie and her Uncle Ryan. She doesn't see them too often but she loves them and they her.
Ryan is my grand-son-in law, Beths husband. He is doing his orthopedic residency in Il.
Pss: Thank you and please continue prayers for Amanda. She is doing well. Her oncologist couldn't believe how well she is doing. We know why, don't we.

21 comments:

  1. Love your tweaking and Happy New Year! Thanks for the hot chocolate, my favorite!

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your Spring-Love home decor Betty and of course Dasko and Boo.Happy new year to you and all your family.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks fresh and orderly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great. I am hoping to get some things done around here tomorrow. I cleaned for my inlaws today.......tired. my mother has a rottweiler. He was such a gentle giant. Cold and snow showers here today. A good hot chocolate day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...such a simple, sweet post! ;)
    Love your floors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks great! You did good. I haven't done a bit of tweaking! It took all I had, just to get the Christmas put away and everything back to normal. Love the picture of Ryan and Mollie! She is such a little doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty,
    Everything looks wonderful, of course your gorgeous home always does.

    Im so happy to hear Amanda is doing so well.
    Yes, we do know why...
    The power of prayer, Baby!!:)
    I'll keep mine a coming.

    Hugs,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, I know how much Dasko means to you - thanks for sharing his special day with us. I love all of your tweaking! That is such a sweet little lamb, and I like the vignette with the homespun tied around the crock. Your home is so warm and inviting. Praise God that Amanda is doing so well - He is faithful!

    Hugs and continued prayers,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and I'm so happy to be able to comment! Sandi, Daybreak Place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated "gotcha" day to Dasko. Betty your home is so lovely. Love all your displays. Perfect eye candy. Great picture of Ryan and Mollie. She is such a doll. Glad to hear Amanda is doing well. Isn't it wonderful that God still answeres prayers. Stay warm and have a great day.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. I truly do love reading your blog. It makes me smile! The memories...and the stories! Thank you for sharing. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Betty!!! Your decor is simply primitively beautiful. Hopefully my home will be in order by the end of the week. I love hot chocolate, I have a cup nearly every night in the winter. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad that Amanda is doing well. Yes, we know that prayer work don't we. Thank you for your prayers for me. I really did feel the support. Both of us had a difficult year. I am hopeful the 2012 will we better for all of us.

    Your home is delightful... I always love your tweaks. Happy New Year. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty,
    I still use a solid maple candle stand that I bought with S&H green stamps! I was telling my husband recently where it came from and he said I was showing my age!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Betty~ so glad to hear Amanda is doing well~
    Happy Dasko day!!! Oh, my Boo is precious~ seems like they always come around with a fat belly~ giggles, but you know me I love my kitties~
    wonderful displays made up of treasurers & gifts from friends, makes them even better~
    thanks for the Homemade Hot Chocolate~ a favorite of mine~ warmed me up on this cold day~
    smiles ~ continued prayers for Amanda~
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful visit as always Friend.
    I just love the hot chocolate. Your home is so warm and cozy. So happy to hear Amanda is doing well. AND WE DO KNOW WHY!Thank you again.
    Blessings to you
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog! I am Elizabeth your newest follower! Looking forward to visiting with you more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Betty,
    I love your post!I am a animal lover so you know I love the dog and the kitty! Happy New Year to you and your family....Sweet photos...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy to have you following me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww....how sweet is that Miss Betty - Happy belated "Getting Dasko" day to you and your dear friend. Your home is charming and beautiful as always - Every time I visit, I spy new treasures to love. Love the little lamb with the lantern vignette especially well - and your slave doll....And your awesome little tavern table. But my favorite of all is that blanket chest behind your couch....love it every time I see it. Sweet photo of Ryan and Mollie....and that hot chocolate...oh my. You should share your recipe you know.....Wishing you a blessing-filled weekend....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love what you have done with your tweaking! It all looks so very nice. The doggie and kitty both look so content and happy. I am glad your granddaughter is doing well. Happy weekend to you!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.