Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tis The Season To Be Joyful

Good evening and welcome Through My Back Door. Tis the season to be joyful and to have a good time with family and friends. That's what we have been doing Through My Back Door. The decorating has been done for a long time. I have actually replaced greenery and will have to replace it again probably. But that's okay, I have enjoyed having it up.
Sunday night I went to my cousin's house for dinner. There were several of us and everything was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the company exceptional. We talked and laughed and had a good time.  They had a fire in their gorgeous fireplace.


Doesn't that look like a scene out of  The Night Before Christmas? She has a beautiful home and it was decorated to the nines! We ate at this beautifully set table. (No chinet here)

 The food was as good as the table looked. We had a wonderful time.
Tonight  was my annual cookie swap. There were only six of us, as two of the usual attendees had illness in their family.

This is the table before the other cookies were put out. We got to talking and laughing and forgot to take any pictures of all the cookies!!! The girls had them in the cutest containers, but oh well.

Here are some of mine. We ate cookies and drank hot mulled cider and had a jolly ole' time. This is a picture of the girls.



Two of these girls are in my card group, two are in my domino group and on the left is my kindred spirit Carol. Her house was in the Country Sampler Home Tour, and we went on a field trip there in the fall. Remember?
Anyway that's what has been going on Through My Back Door. There are lots of cookies and mulled cider left  if you would like some. It is truly a joyful time when you can be with people you enjoy.
Would you like to see a few more of the woodcarvers santas? I thought you might, so I took a few pictures.

The bright red one in the back was one of the first he did. I love that face and the fat one with the suspenders. The chimney one isn't too bad either, is it?lol


A few more . These are setting on one of the German cupboards. I like this one too. He is so tall and skinny.

I am sorry but you can't see him very well. I'll take a close up one day. He also carved this goose on top of the corner cupboard

you can't see him very well either. I will take close ups next time.I am very proud of my son in law's carving talents. Deb does a good job painting too.


 This is over my kitchen sink. Just a little Christmas cheer.
This is in a corner of a bedroom. I love feather trees have you guessed that already?
 I love what this crock says.  I think each of us love being home at Christmas.
 Don't you?
I hope each and everyone of you are having joyful times with your friends and families too. Christmas is a time that we all should enjoy and love,  and too often people get so stressed out they cannot enjoy it. I find that so sad as we miss so much when that happens.  This year lets all strive to look for the joy and not strive so hard for perfection. Some of my favorite Christmases are when things were not perfect. I wonder if anyone remembers the ones I thought were perfect. I know we all miss loved one who are no longer with us, but this year I have decided instead of being sad about what no longer is, I am going to be joyful because those loved ones were in my life and brought me so much love and joy. I hope you will do that too.
Next week I have a special post coming up. It is going to be an exciting time and we are going on another field trip, with some special folks!!!! I absolutely can't wait to share this with all of you, my new friends.
Thank you so much for Coming Through My Back Door where life is good. I wish you a joyful week.
betty











8 comments:

  1. Betty
    The santas are so beautiful they are so very talented!
    Your friends fireplace is so inviting, pretty!

    Very nice ending to your post, so enjoyed reading it!(not sad, but joy that loved one's where in you life, nice, something for all of us to reflect on!)
    thanks for sharing, have a great day!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always post such eye candy Betty! I love coming to visit you. Now I can't wait to see where you are going on your trip!! Sounds intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty! I love seeing all of your Santas and yes, your SIL is very talented. You are fortunate to have all of these. Your home looks wonderful all decked out for Christmas. I never tire of seeing your pictures. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the santas, they do such a wonderful job on them. And your home is beautiful, your cousin's also! Thanks for sharing.

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. your home & the cookies look fantastic! so festive! betty, you look so cute in your picture! you can tell you were having a great time! :) this is what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Betty save me some of those cookies and cider...yummy!! I love the santa with suspenders, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cousin's home looks wonderful! I would love to have a log home someday.

    Your house looks so festive and I love the santas!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my your cousins place is gorgeous - love the cabin look - is it an actual cabin home???
    Her table is beautiful as well - such an eye for detail.

    Now that cookie exchange...FUN!!!!! We used to do that when I worked but haven't since. I miss it.

    Merry Christmas Betty!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.