Thursday, August 29, 2013

Taking Time To Be

Good evening and come on in Through My Back Door. There is coffee on and it is so pleasant here tonight. It is DD and it tastes as good as it smells.  I love this time of the evening, when the day is coming to a close and you can just be. I love to "be". I hosted dominoes here today, so it has been a good day. I had beef and noodles, green beans, beets, and mashed potatoes. Apple pie and ice cream was dessert. I made the noodles and have to say they were tasty. I had never made them before, but probably will again. I took the left overs out to Amanda and Clay for their supper, as they like beef noodles too. I thought I would check in and tell you I have done some fall decorating! I thought I would do it and get it over with. Even though the house is still on the market,(another month) I went ahead and did what I wanted for fall. Have you decorated yet? Before I share some pictures, I want to tell you about my laugh at the grocery store the other day. I had bought large bags of DD coffee and the cashier, a young man, said to me, "Do you like that drunken doughnut coffee?" I got so tickled, he and I both laughed. He said," I got my tongue twisted, didn't I?" I will never look at DD coffee the same.lol Don't you just love young people? I am not one bit worried about America's future with the wonderful young people I run into all the time. Are you?
I have such a hard time with my mantle. Don't know why.
Stove board. I am still pleased with my noodle board, I found on the LYS years ago.

That is all for today. I have to save some for next post. Nothing has been done outside of course. That will come after Labor Day.
I love using silk leaves for fall. I just stick them every where, and gourds too. I want some long handled gourds and some bittersweet. Hopefully I can find some.
Remember the cat who came here and my friends Janie and Arthur adopted? He has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Our hearts are broken, but he has had a wonderful life with them. They are so sad and if you would just say a little prayer for them. You know we all get so attached to out pets.
I am so glad you came Through My Back Door, where life is good.
betty
PS: Next post I will finish the church/house
PSS:I want to share our last 4 Generation Picture with Amelia
She is the sweetest little thing. She smiles all the time, even when she is sleeping. Someone on FB told me their grandmother always said when a baby smiled in it's sleep the angels were whispering to them. Isn't that sweet?
PSSS: I am looking forward to making some homemade apple butter. Deb and Amanda want to do it with me, so they will know how. Won't that be fun? I will post pictures.lol



8 comments:

  1. Evening Betty..had to chuckle at thr drunken coffee. Now every time I see it I will think of you.
    Hope you can sell your house, but it looks like Fall.
    Sweet generation picture.
    So sad to here about your friends cat.:0(
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking alike,I started fall decorating today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall decorations are just the best--looking forward to fall decorating this weekend. Beautiful women and sweet baby. Prayers for the kitty--when our pet family leave us they take a piece of our heart with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful! Sure wish you could join us at the show and the blog gathering afterwards! Such a sweet 4 generation picture, cherish those moments forever. I can't wait to have some time to just "be". We have been so busy that I can hardly see straight. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow everything is looking so beautiful..
    We going towards spring and I am thinking about fall :)
    Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't done any fall decorating yet, but I'm looking forward to doing it soon. I'll probably wait until after the Labor Day weekend, since it is upon us already! Where did the summer go?
    LOVE the photo of the 4 generations... it is beautiful!
    So sorry to hear about the kitty... I know it's hard on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so beautiful. Give me the desire to decorate for fall. It is so hard when it is in the 80's here in Ohio and very humid. Hopefully soon it will cool off. Have a wonderful Labor Day, my friend and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if I were in the market to buy a new home. I would be a buyer of yours but all your beautiful treasures would have to be in the deal & you of course must stay. young kid gave me a chuckle. Four generations pic lovely. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.