Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Gathering Pictures

Good Tuesday morning everyone and come on in Through My Back Door. The coffee is on, I have almost drunk a pot myself. This morning it is Kona. Can't make up my mind on Sam's Choice. The dishwasher has been emptied,lol so just go to the cupboard and get you a cup. I want to share more Gathering pictures with you. I hope you can tell what a good time we had. If you have never participated in one of these and have the opportunity, Go For It!lol Honestly, I don't know when I have had so much fun. I laughed so hard my sides hurt. Laughter is such good medicine, I should feel good for a long time!lol
Tammy doing some serious thinking! Tammy is a sign maker and makes the most wonderful signs. She brought each of us one and then I won one as a door prize. If you are interested in her signs, e-mail me and I will forward it to her. You will not be disappointed.
This is on the shelf above my chair in my reading nook. It is where I do all my blog posts and spend my computer time. Is it not perfect?
This is the one I won. It is on my front porch. I will tell you this. Pictures don't do them justice.
Have no idea what Jody is doing! Her husband came and helped us so much. 4 other husbands came too and I know they enjoyed it as much as we did. They were ready to carry in, carry out, move chairs, whatever needed doing they were there.
We don't have a clue what we were picture taking,unless it was Kathy opening her scrapbook we gave her. Jody and her sister put together the most wonderful memorabilia with a letter from each of us for Kathy.
This is Toni. She was the biggest surprise to us.(I don't mean in size either) She didn't have her picture in her avatar and we didn't know what she looked like. Her name had granny in it so we expected someone older. She is certainly not granny looking!
Marla and I doing the middle school thing of taking a picture of us taking a
 picture!
The whole group. Now for some more goodies. We were not supposed to bring gifts but Tammy and Linda did. We were so happy they did!lol I showed you the sign, but this is what Linda gave each of us. It is wonderful!
It has a real stem! she also brought chocolate! Yummy
Marla made me this wonderful pin keep. It is only the second thing I have with crows and the only thing with my name. I love it as you all know I adore pin keeps! I will keep this out all the time. Thank you so much Marla. The pumpkin and the acorns I bought from Linda. I also bought a wonderful cement bee skep from Toni and an apple box. I am making my display then I will post pictures of them.She also gave me the most wonderful Christmas sampler, which you will see Christmas. It is wonderful.
I think you see what a good time we all had. We already have the dates and place for next year. It will be a different kind of gathering. But so was this one. Most of us never left the hotel to go shopping. We just talked and visited all evening Friday, all day Sat, and until we left on Sun. We all went over to Kathys and her home is awesome! What a decorating touch. Her husband Merle made me this wonderful settle. I will treasure it forever. I absolutely love it.
As the commercial says, "priceless."
Thank you for allowing me to relive my Gathering week end. It was so much fun and to quote one of the husbands, who will remain nameless, "there wasn't an ax murder among us!"lol That was a joke all weekend. Who is the ax murder? We were just kidding as you know.
Thanks for coming Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
ps: I want to tell you about the girls at the Pantry. They laugh with you and at you. They pray with you and for you. They are sincere and truly caring people, who have become good friends. We truly missed the girls who couldn't come and hope more come next year.











9 comments:

  1. Betty
    I am so enjoying all the photos & reading about the gathering~ looks like a complete blast~ you can tell you all just clicked!!!
    True Friends from a distance~
    hugs to you~
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Looks like a fun time was had by all that was there.Thanks for sharing .Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I am enjoying all of your pictures and stories from the Gathering. Thanks for sharing your weekend with us.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I am so glad you all had a good time. I wish I could have gone, it just wasn't in the cards for me. I love all your goodies and I know the girls are all very talented!
    Have a good day!
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looks fun, Betty....And wow, for no one bringing gifts, you sure brought home some wonderful things! Love the little pumpkin from Linda, and the pinkeep (really - only your second crow thing?? With your name I'd have my house FULL of them...oh, wait...I already do!!) - and that bench is pure sugar!! Love it!! I think I joined the Pantry forum a while back....but not quite sure I did it right...or what I'm supposed to be doing! Go figure! Not all crows are clever you know! Thanks so much for sharing your fun with us! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the wonderful pictures make me wish I had gone! There is always next year, right?
    I am glad you all had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, you are so right! We have all become great friends. It was a perfect gathering. I'm so glad there were no axe murderers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. my circle was compleat with love laughter and a lot of fun how wonderful to have met so manny great girls who would know what the computer could bring together betty
    you did it !!! and it was a wonderful thing the girls and you are all so beautiful inside and out my heart burst with every picture i see and i know there are MANNY MORE TO SEE thank you so much
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure looks like you all had a great time! Maybe I can come next year!
    I love the pinkeep Marla made for you!
    Yes that was the magazine- thank you for the kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.