Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home From A Wonderful Gathering

Come on in Through My Back Door and let me tell you about my week end! Actually I just came in Through My Back Door a little while ago myself. Made a pot of coffee, it is a new blend today, Sam's Choice, and the jury is still out! I love DD but when its almost 9.00 a lb, I have to think about it. Decided to try this. I'll certainly let you know. You let me know too. Grab a red ware mug because the others are in the dishwasher. I CANNOT wait to tell you about my week end. Most of you know I belong to the Primitive Pantry Forum. Well we had a "Gathering" in Lexington, Ky this week end. It started on Friday afternoon at 2:00 and ended today at noon. What fun!
I don't think I have ever laughed so hard! There was 12 of us and 5 husbands came. I think they had as  much fun as we did, but don't know if they would admit it or not. The reason we had it in Lexington, Kathy Trout who founded TPP lives there. We had people attend from 7 states. Deb and I had met Kathy and Carla. I had also met Libbie, Rusty Shed Prims. The rest of us had never met nor had they met each other. One of the girls, Angie lives in Indiana and was coming through  Tammy's hometown, so she picked her up and they rode together. They had never met. Well with the world like it is today, we had all kinds of comments from family and friends. Ex: you're spending the week end with people you met on the INTERNET! lol Well Tammy's husband wanted to make sure Angie was who she said she was, so he wrote her license number down! We laughed so hard. But thought Oh what a sweet thing to do.
This is Tammy and Angie! They are so cute and I don't know about you but I love the fact these young girls like to decorate their homes like we do. They were the youngest there and we all loved having them. Know what? They have formed a friendship that will last a long time. They have a lot in common.
We had a lot of Door Prizes and everybody won a couple. It was so much fun listening to people comment about their wins. some people brought things to sell. Linda brought a lot of wonderful things she made. She is a wonderful crafter as well as Jody, Marla and a lot of others.
This is just a partial picture of the sale tables. Libby, from Rusty Shed Prims makes the best scents anywhere.
This is her husband and what is left of a full table. Later almost everything she had sold. We went out for dinner on Friday night and you know how it is in a restaurant, you can only visit with the people right next to you. So Carla and Deb came up with ordering pizza in the next night. That is what we did and everyone enjoyed it so much. We could all visit and eat too.
This is Deb counting all the money!
This is some of the pizza's. One even had anchovies!
This looks like a serious discussion! Sandi, Deb, and Carla.
Kathy Trout waving at someone. I am not going to show you any goodies today. That will be for the next post. There were lots of goodies, let me tell you.
I am not going to post anymore pictures today, but I have lots to post. Would you believe only a couple of people went shopping? The rest of us stayed and talked and talked and talked. We talked and laughed until midnight every night. Then Sandi, Deb, and I went to our rooms and laughed and talked some more.
We stayed at a perfect place for this and they gave us a meeting room. We could stay in it as long as we wanted, when we went to bed at night they locked it and unlocked it for us the next morning. The Homewood Suites is a wonderful place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone.
We all had so much fun and when we were leaving one of the husbands said, Do you think you all can wait a year? I thought that summed it up!
The attendees were Toni, Linda, Marla, Carla, Sandi, Jody,Kathy, Angie, Tammy, Libby, Deb and myself.
I will be back soon with pictures of some wonderful goodies and more pictures of the girls.
Thanks for coming Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
ps: This is what happens when you have spent 2 days with 12 women!
See his hair! It didn't look like that when they came!










15 comments:

  1. Oh Betty, Sounds like and looks like you had a wonderful weekend, one that you won't forget for a long time. I just found the forum over the weekend and have registered to join. So glad you had a great time. Can't wait to see more pictures and to hear more about your outing.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! I can't believe something like this went on 45 miles from my house & I didn't know about it! Looks like you all had a great time : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo!!! What a blast!! How fun to meet fellow bloggers - and to have that many primmies in one room at the same time....well, no wonder that poor fellow's hair looked like it did when he left! Can't wait for more photos!! And LOL about the "example" - my dh would be saying the same thing....or worse...he still doesn't "get" blogging!! (But, then again, he's never been "through your back door...." ;o) Hope you have a relaxing, unwinding, kind of evening....Sorry, had to pass on the coffee so I can't give my two cents about brands...never do coffee after 2 in the afternoon for some reason....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Betty! Looks like you had a blast! I am looking forward to more pictures.

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. OM Gosh.You had a WONDERFUL weekend Betty.I'm so glad that you all got to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you girls got to meet and had a wonderful time. Prim friends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you all had a great time together! Wonderful memories! Looking forward to hearing more!
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, I am excited you all got to meet. I am sure it was a wonderful time for all.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful gathering.My hubby would have said the same thing about going to spend time with people you met on the internet.What people don't realize is you talk with alot of these girls more than you talk to your hometown friends as they are your kindred spirits.Can't wait to see the next post.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC POST BETTY....thanks so much for sharing and letting those of us who just couldn't make it this year enjoy it through you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty...........I can't wait to see your next post and all of the pics too. What a great time you all had. My husband would fit right in, he has that same hat! How nice of the place to let you have your own room to visit in too.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks and sounds like a wonderful time! I look forward to seeing more pics and hearing your stories about meeting up with kindred spirits!!

    How nice of the hotel to accommodate you so nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Betty what fun you have had. I bet that none of you want to wait a whole year to do it again. You might just have to make this a bi-yearly event. heehee
    I feel left out. I know that I should have been a prim... because I am a prim at heart. We have "antiques" all over the house that I think would fit in with Prim. However, with a large home that is stuffed full of furniture and stuff it is too late for me to start over... so I will just have to enjoy primitive life through my Prim blog friends.

    Have a great week... I will look forward to seeing the pictures. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty, it sounds like so much fun - wish I could have been there - maybe next year. Thanks for sharing the fun with us through pictures.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. We did have fun, didn't we? I can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.