Saturday, December 1, 2012

Merriment, Day 5

Come on in and have a cup of coffee, sit by the fire, look at the tree lights and reflect with me. Christmas is supposed to be Merry. It is supposed to be a time of love. It is not to be a time of stress, unnecessary  planning and doing. Why can't we just enjoy a simple Christmas? Why do we have to make it so  complicated? I don't have the answer to that. I do hope each of you will take time to read Luke 2:1-14. That is what we do and have always done. This is my Daddy's bible. It is so worn the cover is falling off. It is stuffed with papers he put in it. He has been dead almost 37 years and he is never missed more than at Christmas time. He loved Christmas, more than my Mother did, it was his holiday. So what is a more fitting tribute to him,  than his bible open to the original  Christmas Story and his glasses laying on top?


May each of you leave Through My Back Door feeling less stressed than when you came.
betty

14 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful treasure, your Dad's Bible. I have the first one Daddy used when he began is ministry. It is priceless. Have enjoyed your Merriment post. Happy and Blessed December to you.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Betty Friend
    The very best gift of all came at Christmas!
    (((((((((((((((((JESUS)))))))))))))))
    How wonderful to have that special treasure of your Dad's.
    It truly is the most wonderful time of all.
    No stress here. Just Christmas love!
    Woolie Hugs
    Your Pal Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful treasure! Such special memories I'm sure.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got chills reading your post! The true meaning of Christmas!
    I really love your display!! Christmas Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another nice visit thru your back door, have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always love my visit with you..
    love cucki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Betty. Enjoyed my visit today.

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a touching post Betty. Thanks for the reminder. This season is going to be a slow and reflecting one in our household. We are actually done with the shopping. Have a great weekend and I love your tribute. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL post Betty....I saw the photo and thought it was going to be about your carolers' collection (which is sweet too by the way) - but this is SOOO much better. What a wonderful treasure to have. I come from a long line of ministers (and morticians) on my father's side, but alas, no bibles have passed through to me. Perhaps that's why I collect old ones when I find them....still, not the same..... Thanks for sharing...so glad you're in the chain. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sucha wonderful memory of your father and wonderful keepsake, a very merriment post indeed! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, your blog looks beautiful and I always feel so welcomed when I come here. What a precious keepsake, to have your dad's Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty thanks for sharing such a wonderful treasure with us.Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Betty. thanks for the reminder and such a touching tribute!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post...I'm sure after reading your post, we all have a tear in our eye remembering those we love that are no longer with us. I know I do...love and miss you mom and daddy. --Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.