Friday, February 21, 2014

Through My Back Door Pet Peeves

Good morning and welcome Through My Back Door. What a beautiful morning it is too. Sun is shining and so am I. Get your coffee, again DD, and come sit down with me. I have been reflecting and taking inventory of my life. Do you ever do that? I am ashamed to admit I take things for granted. That is my number one pet peeve. You know it is with embarrassment I acknowledge I take my children for granted. They are my children they should come when I call. And they do, but do they have to? Not at all. Oh yes, they admit they take me for granted too.lol In fact, remember the jar?
One of the things I pulled from it was from Dodd and he said "You have always been there for me and I expect you to always be, therefore I will continue to take you for granted". I smiled when I read that. He loves me, he wants me to always be here, so therefore, I am going to be taken for granted.That kind of taking for granted I can handle. I am talking about taking for granted a roof over my head, food on my table, clothes to wear, and family and friends that love me. I am going to be grateful for all of these. I do thank God for them daily, but I am going to "feel" the gratefulness.
Pet Peeve #2, is gum chewing in public. Yes, I get very frustrated when someone is waiting on me and chewing gum. Checking me out at the grocery or other place of business and chewing gum. As my Mother always said, Like a cow chewing its cud!lol Pet Peeve #3 is Christians who always look gloomy. I think we should always be full of joy. We have the assurance everything is going to be ok. I am not referring to illness nor death. I am talking about everyday living. I know people who are prayers, scripture quoters, and are good people, but they never show any joy on their faces. They always look gloomy. Personally I think we should show joy. Pet Peeve #4 is pessimists. With me the glass is always half full and I don't understand those who are always down and nothing is ever going to be all right. They have so much to be thankful for. SHOW IT.Pet Peeve #5 is a bit crazy, but it cracked heels and rough feet.I am so embarrassed, but I do notice how feet look in sandals or shoes w/o backs. My grands make fun of me all the time about that one. But I see women dressed beautifully, toe nails polished to perfection, and heaven help them cracked and rough heels.IMO there is just no excuse for it. If you don't have lotion, vaseline is cheap.  Pet Peeve #6 is people who are always airing their pet peeves. Oh goodness that is me today!!!! Oh well it was fun while it lasted. What are your Pet Peeves?
I will leave you with a few more of my favorite things.
 My knife box.
Old box
tiger maple tote and candle box
Coffee grinder from my cousin Ila
Driving up to my friend Carols house at Christmas. This is Ginger, who is no longer with us.
The mirror.
I am so glad you came Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
PS: don't take people for granted. Send someone a note, call them, and let them know how much they mean to you. Tell them you love them and what they mean to you. It may just make "your" day
PSS" I have a new beautiful great granddaughter, Taylor Grace. Mommy says no internet pictures now.(Maybe later)
PSSS: I am elated I finally reached 280 followers. Angela and I were talking about the lack of comments on blogs anymore, But #280 I am so happy to have you.




10 comments:

  1. Hello Betty, always enjoy visiting you and welcoming me with a cuppa....Beautiful goodies, Love them all, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very thoughtful post! Love you, Betty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, Betty! Many of your pet peeves are mine, too!!! As for sending notes ......that is one thing that I try to do. You never know what good you may do by sending someone a cheerful note reminding them of the great day or etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty,

    a great post! HMMM... I don't think you want me to start on my pet peeves? LOL... I will say... I don't get this whole "inking" thing... tattoo's... Tasteful out of sight please .. neck.. all over the arms... ick,!!! I will stop there...
    I do try to stay up beat, I have been challenging...but I always try to greet one with a smile and always say thank you! Have a wonderful weekend! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post. I agree..
    Oh my I need to hide my feet and I use lots of Vaseline.
    Hehe
    Woolie Blessings
    Ps pass the dd please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my big pet peeves is someone yelling for me from another room!! They don't know if I'm engaged in another conversation, or otherwise busy. And I won't yell back! Come and find me if you want to talk! LOL.....
    Congratulations on the new baby in your life!! How very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pet peeve lately is other drivers. They all need to go back to driving school. lol.

    One time I saw a lady at a gas station and her heels were very cracked, what was odd was that the cracks were black! Not sure if they were dirty or what...

    Congrats on the new grandbaby!

    I really love what Dodd wrote, how humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty: Loved your post...my pet peeve is when a driver behind is also entering a freeway and pulls around in front to get on first...how childish! And it is usually not a young person, just an old "geezer!"
    {{HUGS}}
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty,
    I seriously think we are related. ha! I was talking this morning about the simple things to be thankful for. My pet peeve is someone driving and texting...Really? There are those of us who want to live is the way I look at it. I always enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog Betty! You have gained another follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.