Monday, September 9, 2013

Harvesting and Enjoying LIfe

Good morning and come on in. It is so nice out side lets have our coffee out here. Yes in our pajamas as no one can see us anyway. You know I have been so fickle with my coffee this summer. Jumped around but am back to DD. I cannot find my Kona very often and never decaf. I need to go to Cracker Barrel and get some for Curt, so will pick myself up some when I do. Their coffee is very good too. I am a bit picky about my coffee at home. However when I go somewhere I will drink what I am served and always enjoy it. Oh well there is nothing sweet here. I am going to bake a cake this afternoon, though. A peach cake. Yummy
I feel so blessed, and as the sign says, Harvest Blessings. I looked at it this morning and just began reflecting. I don't have a crop to harvest, but in ways we are all harvesting what we have sown.
How we treat someone, a kindness someone has shown us, or we them. We harvest this. If we haven't shown any kindnesses, chances are we aren't going to receive any. I have had a summer of reflection. I know I am  not the only one. Over 6 years ago when Curtis had to go into the nursing home, I thought my life was over. I wore this awful veil of guilt(and many friends told me I had shared it with them) they were always joking, but in reallity, I wonder if I really did. You see in my reflections this morning, I truly saw there was no other choice. It was a safety issue. God opened doors, made a way and many years later, removed my veil of guilt. I have come away from this experience with the knowledge, I will never judge another person's actions. I hope you will think before you do too. Yes, people judged me for the decision we had to make. On a beautiful fall morning like today, drinking my coffee as well as drinking in the beauty around me, I am thankful for my harvest. God has blessed me witrh so many wonderful friends. None of them are deserved, but I have them and I love them. I thank them for every grain they have sown in my life. Some of them are the best prayer partners ever. Some make me laugh when I think about them. All of them are special to me and I have decided the harvest of friendship is a wonderful harvest. I wish I could name all of the friends who have impacted my life, but it would be impossible. Some of them I don't get to spend as much time with as I would like and I hope that changes I want to make time, I want to enjoy the harvest while I can.
I want to share a few more fall pictures Nothing exciting, but just wait for Christmas,lol (I will wait and wait patiently)lol

I love looking out the window.
I like to have books out for the seasons. This is one of my Tasha Tudor autographed ones. I love her Pumpkin Moonshine too.

Love my old cowbell.
I am so thankful you came Through My Back Door where life is good. Will you harvest your fall blessings too?
betty
PS: I am beginning to get excited. A couple of trips are on the horizon. One back to the beach and that means SEAFOOD!
PSS:Will you continue to pray for Erin? Also one of our fellow bloggers really needs our prayers right now. Will you join me in praying?
PSSS:Remember this weekend is the big show at the Appalachian Museum. All of the shops in Clinton will be open and waiting to welcome people. The Speckled Hen is a must visit and so is Corner Antiques. Tell them I sent you.

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad that we have had a chance through blogging to form a friendship. You are a very special lady and I am thankful to have been able to get to know you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post dear.
    Love for you always x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Betty, sending prayers for Erin.......Love your cozy home decorated for Fall, such a wonderful time of year.....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Betty, been an avid follower of your blog..but first time commenting. Wanted to tell you how much I look forward to an email letting me know theres a new post awaiting me! Your sweet spirit and beautiful decorations lift my spirit and put a smile :0) on my face. Happy Fall Blessings :0) Marge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am sorry I am going to miss the events this weekend--so many fall events hard to attend them all. There is nice event in Goodlettsville this weekend and next weekend a HUGE quilt show in Cookeville

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your beautiful post today. I've been trying to be more purposeful in counting my blessings, and I like the way you talk about harvesting. It all goes hand in hand. Thank you also for praying for Erin. You have such a great heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Betty, I so enjoy your posts, especially this one. It's amazing the blessings we each have if we reflect on what is truly important. Always love the pictures of your beautiful home! Have a blessed day.
    PS Prayers sent up for Erin
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your humble heart! You are one special lady, Dear Betty!!
    Love all your harvest displays. Very warm and inviting, just like you!
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty, I had a nice visit here today. I enjoyed all the pictures. I am a city girl that loves the country look. I have a blogger page, and it links to my main website. I am getting the urge to bring out some fall decor. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty...you have such a way with words - expressing them the way you do. You said what was in your heart so perfectly.
    You sound like you are at peace with your life as you should be.
    How fun to go to the shore again - wishing I am!!!
    Prayers for Erin.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. God Bless you Betty, hope you have a wonderful and Blessed weekend!!! Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.