Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Walk Along Lincoln's Street

Good morning and come in, have a cup of coffee and chit chat. It is always good to have company and I love it when you visit. Thank you for all the lovely comments on my cousin Eddie's passing. You know when you are an only you get really close to cousins. I have some first cousins I love, but we don't get together often. Some are in different states(most) but even though we don't see one another often, we love one another. Eddie was a part of my life forever and he will be missed.
Anyway, when Michael, Deb, and I went to hold Amelia, on Sunday after we left the hospital, we took a walk down Historic Springfield. It was a beautiful Sunday and I took a few pictures. Sorry, I don't remember the names of the homes, but thought you all would enjoy seeing them.
This is Lincolns home. I love the plainness of it. Inside it is all decorated in Victorian, as you would imagine.
I love the simplicity of this.
Deb and Michael, pretending they are home.
Me, inviting Michael into "my"home.lol
Deb and Michael under the big tree.
I hope you enjoyed our walk today as much as I did. Can you imagine if you had lived on this street back then, greeting this man on a walk? I can see him tipping his hat and saying,"Morning". Can't you? If you haven't visited Springfield, you may want to consider it as a family vacation. Especially if you have school age children. The museum is wonderful as well as all the Lincoln memorabilia. Personally, I enjoy the big statues through out the town. I have toured it all and thoroughly enjoyed it every time. There are so many wonderful places to eat and on Saturday the downtown streets are closed to a wonderful farmers market.
 I couldn't end this post without including this picture. Didn't we all love that show?
Well, I am so glad you came Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
PS: I hope you are all staying cool. It is so hot in so many places
PSS: Andrew got his first library card this week. Just had to share.
Mollie was there too, reading while he was filling out his request form.
PSSS:A reminder, Christmas in July in Clinton is this Saturday. You will have fun if you go.

8 comments:

  1. We visited Lincoln's home in Springfield a few years ago--such an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your gentle giant cousin. I'm sending hugs. Glad Amelia is doing well. When will she get to come home? How much does she weigh now? Prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Amelia is doing well..
    Wow such a sweet place ..
    You are in my prayers.big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tour! I love the "simple" house with the shutters. Just perfect! Have a great time in Clinton, wish I was going to be there! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty! Love the pics of Springfield... there sure are some beautiful homes there! It would be a fun trip to make... I love seeing historic places and all the old homes... Thanks for taking us on a virtual tour!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss Betty. I understand the closeness of cousins.
    I've been to Springfield too, really enjoyed that trip.
    It's been cooler here the past few days. It's so nice to have the windows open and I've been burning a spice type candle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos.
    What fun.
    Counting the days till Fall.
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place, thanks for sharing the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.