Monday, November 12, 2012

The Quiet Before the Mess

Good Monday morning to you all and it sure is good to have you drop by. Of course the coffee is on, but there is nothing sweet. We will try to bake something today. I am in the mood. It is a dreary looking day here outside, but not inside. It is seldom dreary here. I try extra hard to keep an up beat mood here in my little space. Always have and always will. I am a little sad because this is what it looks like in here right now.
Guess what I am going to do today? You got it. NOT laundry.lol  (Again if my Mother and Grandmother knew I was not following the family rules)lol I am putting fall away and starting on Christmas. As you who have been with me for a while know, my house is up for sale and this means decorations will be minimal this year. As those of you who know me, know, I am not a minimalist at Christmas. I like Christmas cheer everywhere. This should be interesting.lol  Right now I am just drinking my coffee and enjoying our visit.
I just got back yesterday from a girl trip, to Pigeon Forge. I have played cards with this group for 29 years and this is our 27th year get away. We all worked at the same school at the time. Since then, some of us have retired, moved, or changed professions. We had 8 originally but 2 moved and only one returns for our get away.
We gathered on Wednesday night and came home yesterday. We just hung out, watched football, Christmas movies, ate, played cards and some did a little shopping. These friends were there for me during my difficult year when Curtis had to go into a nursing home. We have seen one another through marriages,(both theirs and children's) births, divorce, death and have shared so many happy times. I love this group.
No, they don't mind me plastering them on my blog.lol
Two days were pajama days.lol Regina and Linda enjoying themselves.
This is Linda. We call her our fashionista. lol (She helps Deb and the girls make sure my blush isn't too red, or my lipstick isn't above my lip)lol
I actually posted this to let you see our beautiful cabin. It is very convenient and tastefully decorated. We aren't stumbling over one another either. TV's in every room if you want your own space for a while. I read 3 books while we were there.It is hard to believe it is over another year.
The 2nd of November was Mollie's birthday. She was a hoot, as usual. That little girl just makes my day. She and Andrew light up my life, when it is a little dark. Here are a couple of pictures from her night.
She was busy and I wanted to take her picture. NO smile.lol
Michael always has a knife, so everything that had to be opened she would take to him and say,"Open it." (That Friday had been pajama day at school, thus Andrew is wearing his pajama's)

She and Emmy at their special table. Emmy is Clay's sister's little girl and I claim them all as my grands. They are special people.
Let the gift opening begin!lol
Today Dasko and Boo are happy to be home. We are home until spring. I am hoping if my house sells it will sell before Christmas. If not I will settle in here for the winter and be happy. I just don't do well in Limbo! I like to fly by the seat of my pants, but not in this situation..lol
Well I guess I better get into my decorating. Will be back later with Christmas pictures, until then I am so glad you came Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
ps: Yesterday was Veterans Day, and most places are commemorating it today. I am thankful for each and every person who serves or has served in our military. I still have a niece in the Army.I had 2 uncles, who served, one in the Army and one in the Marines, a sister in law who served in the Navy, and a brother in law and  son who served in the Marines, and a cousin's son who died in Irag, who was a Marine.Never thought of us as a military family, but I think we are. I am proud that  my brother in law Bruce, who was a decorated Vietnam veteran is buried in Arlington,as well as my Marine Uncle JN.
PSS: have learned a lot of our bloggers are going through some tough times.Lets remember them as we start this wonderful season.
PSSS: Come back and see how "minimalistic" I can be.lol Suggestions will be appreciated.






12 comments:

  1. Hi Betty! Thank you for stopping by my blog and understanding how important Stryker was to Brian. Molly is just the cutest!! Love the pic of her with little Emmy. Your trip sounds like so much fun and stress relieving. I hope you are still planning your spring getaway to Niagara...it is so worth the trip. I could sit for hours watching the falls and listening to the roar of the water. I'll be looking forward to seeing your minimalist Christmas! ;) --Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations. Glad you had a fun trip with the girls to Pigeon Forge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely trip..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. Glad that you had a fun get away with your friends..... And happy belated birthday to your cute Mollie. Good luck decorating.... I'm going to enjoy my fall stuff until after Thanksgiving and then all my turkeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pilgrims and pumpkins will have to make way for trees and mangers. Have a good week, Hugs, Lura

    Ps... Sorry my comment got divided in up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Afternoon Friend
    I have started my Christmas decorating a bit.
    With my Pilgrims in the middle.lol
    Welcome home and back to blogland.
    I sure have missed coffee with you.
    Woolie Blessings
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time! Family celebrations and time with friends and Christmas decorating(minimal huh?)??!! Life is good. Happy decorating.Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to read you all had a great time on your holiday. The cabin looked so good. I too will look forward to your minimalistic Christmas...if it happens!LOL! Bet it gets the better of you and you put more out....go on,be a devil! Love to you,Boo and Dasko.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! I just thought.If you're decorating for Christmas,it's time for a blog décor change too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Betty. I love visiting your blog. You make me smile. What fun to have some girl time away. I am happy for you. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, I ALWAYS enjoy coming through your back door. I look forward to your words of wisdom and your wit. Thanks for sharing. I bet it's not easy decorating minimally--can't wait to see your pictures.
    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Betty, sounds like your girl trip was lots of fun. Molly is adorable - they grow up so fast, don't they? I'm ready to put my fall things away and definitely thinking to simply for Christmas- not because I'm moving, but because I just don't feel up a big decorating & then putting away job.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.