Sunday, May 13, 2012

A New "Kid" in Town, and Other Stuff

Good morning. As you can see I didn't get to go to church this morning, as I have had an allergy attack and cough, cough, cough. I knew If I got in a warm room with people it would be a disaster. However, I am happy to have you drop by and visit, as I am not contagious. Oh yes the coffee is on. But wait! There is a new kid in town! Or should I say pot? Yes my wonderful daughter in law insisted I get a Kureig!
There were two boxes of coffee with it too. Isn't this a wonderful color? I love it and had coffee in it this morning. Now you can choose your flavor! I like Green Mountain coffee and there is that too. I will look for DD and Kona for it. Anyway, I was so excited, as it will be so nice to have it when I just want a cup. I told you I had a wonderful daughter in law. The rest of the story is, they weren't supposed to do anything for me as they had just surprised me with 2 new tires and  new brakes on my car. I had the two front ones replaced earlier,and there weren't many miles on them. They had been run low on air. Who would do that? Heaven help me.lol Anyway this was last week. God has blessed me with the most wonderful children.
Deb has invested in one of those fancy embroidery machines so Mollie can have monogrammed clothes! Well the rest of us have benefited from it too. That girl can do anything. I am so proud of her.She and the worlds best s-i-l are always taking me places and doing nice things for me. It is Mothers Day year round with Deb. Anyway, this is what I got from her.(I promise I won't bore you with all the gifts, but want to share a few).
Can you see my name? She puts my name or inital because my monogram is bCs.(my s-i-l, always says college bowl series, when he sees it)lol  It had something in it.
This luxurious spa robe! It is so soft.  I will enjoy it for a long time.
I love flowers and two of my grands gave me a dozen roses. Seth and Olivia. Seths girlfriend Ashley also gave me a dozen.
Aren't these beautiful? Amanda gave me a manicure, and also made me a necklace with the childrens picture. Remember my Nov break in? They took 3 necklaces with pictures of Andrew, Andrew & Mollie, and Beth and Amanda. Also one of me when I was a child hanging on the prettiest pink pearls. (Renda insists they should have been nice and mailed those back to me)lol  Here is the new one.
After all my jewelry was stolen, Deb gave me a silver locket. Amanda put pictures of the kids in it. Every time Mollies sees it, she says, "Baby, Baby" and wants to open it. When she sees my cell phone she says"Dasko, Dasko." Let me clue you she doesn't like Dasko in real life.lol
Well this was a different Mothers Day than the year I got the goat.lol Dodd certainly has redeemed himself, with help from Renda.lol
There hasn't been much going on Through My Back Door this week as I have not been at the top of my game. Recovery is on the way and the games are beginning. We are heading to Missouri soon for a wedding shower. Then off to the beach for a week. I can't wait to see the beautiful Emerald Coast.
I have bought a few smalls but will share those when I share my quilts, next post. I also had to do a bit of changing. I have always had something under the window in the kitchen. When I wanted to raise the window, I would have to stretch and make all kinds of moves.lol Last week it hit me. DUH! What do you think? The first is before, the second after.
I really like this better. It isn't as crowded as it looks. I don't have any walls separating, kitchen, dining and living room, except a short wall. When I need the arm chairs I just scoot them around. Makes is so much easier.  I love my table with the gourd eggs, but moved them over on the shoe foot table. This is one of my 2 New England pieces. As you know almost all of my furniture is southern, but I love NE. I have a blanket chest also. Well, I hope I haven't bored you with my post today. I don't usually show gifts, because they are so personal, but thought these were okay to share. It always make me happy when you come Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
PS: Amanda is doing so good. One of her gifts to me was a beautiful letter she wrote to me. I took a picture and was going to share it, but I couldn't. It was too personal. Yes, it made me cry. That girl has so much love and is such an inspiration to everyone. She reminded me of the statement I made, when she went for the biopsy. I told her if it came back cancer, they might as well take me out and shoot me. I had forgotten that. I didn't think I could bear her being ill. You know what? I didn't like it, but God gave me strength to handle it. He always will
PSS: I want to give a shout out for my granddaughter in law to be. She graduated from the University of Mo. Nursing Program with honors. I, as well as the rest of the family, are proud of you Lindsey. We love you
PSSS: I promise I will try to get back on track and away from so many family and personal posts. I just like to share a bit of my life with you now and again. One day I will share the reason, why my family is such an important part of my everyday life.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Betty. I enjoyed your "personal' post today. This is your blog and you should feel free to share whatever you like. What wonderful gifts you received...first being your children, in-laws and grands! Have a wonderful day!
    ♥ Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You received many lovely gifts Betty, the best being the blessing of your wonderful children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Betty. Sorry you have the sniffles. It has been a rainy cool day today. Almost like fall. Just love these kind of days. You are going to love the coffee maker. I was skeptical when I purchased mine at Christmas but don't think I could do without one now. Love the robe. I am sure you will enjoy snuggling in it. And that necklace is so sweet. Sounds like you have a wonderful family. I so loved the shout out to all the ladies in your family in your last post. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friend Betty,

    Everything is personal to me. I hold each minute close to my heart, every kindness, every conversaion, because I can only remember at that moment. I try to write things down but that doesn't always work.

    I love your gifts. I already posted a couple of things and got a few more today. It isn't the stuff, is it? It is act or giving and receiving. Want in on a secret? I try to touch the hand of the giver when they present a gift. That is as important to me as the present.

    Happy Mothers Day to you. You do have a special family. Glad I'm in a small corner of it.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day Betty,
    I love hearing about your family. I feel like I know them already. Don't you think The older we get the more we cherish our ever growing families?
    BTW, I love that table of yours!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day, Betty! I, too, love hearing about your family. Your gifts are all wonderful. I especially love the necklace. Amanda is as amazing as her mother. You did a great job with Deb, and she did as well with her girls. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty, Sounds like you had a marvelous Mother's Day. I love hearing about your day and your family. You are blessed!
    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead......hope that cough goes away soon.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you had such a wonderful mothers day, you are loved by so many. You are very blessed. Enjoy that keurig, I love mine! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Friend
    I always enjoy the coffee and all sharing you do. Love all your sweet treasures too.
    Blessings
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty,
    I always SO love your posts! Looks like you are very loved and had a great Mother's Day. Love your photos and glad all is well with you...Blessings to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, seems like a LOT of love came through your back door!! Lovely gifts given with a lot of love. Hope you are feeling better soon. I know you will treasure your letter from Amanda forever...brian put a special note in his card to me that made me cry...I have every card He and his brother have ever given me-from hand drawn stick figures to elaborate fancy ones--I cherish them.So happy Amanda is doing well.--Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.