Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Welcome October

Good morning and welcome Through My Back Door. It is a wonderful day and has been a wonderful week. I absolutely love October. I think other than the love of prims, home, and decorating, we bloggers have the love of October in common too. I know so many of us do. Fall has always been my favorite season. It is perfect weather, windows open, skies blue, color, and the pre holiday season. Thanksgiving and Christmas! Not excluding halloween, but with no children here I don't do it anymore. I do have my OLM jack out and I will just turn him around after halloween and he will be out through Thanksgiving. BTW grab a cup of coffee and sit a spell. We can sit outside if you like. I will bring you up to date on what has been going on here.
Saturday I met a friend in Townsend to go to the  craft fair they have every year. We have been doing this for 6 years. Usually two other friends meet us and go to but they couldn't this year. They met us over in Pigeon Forge at the Inn at Christmas, where we spent the night, went to the outlet mall, and out to dinner. I only bought two baskets at the fair. One for me and one for Deb.
The gentleman was making these there and I really liked them. They are called, "Baskets by Robert" and he is from Bristol, Tn. I hung mine on my blanket crane, because I liked Carla's there.
After leaving the fair and heading over to PF Linda and I stopped at one of our favorite places on Wears Valley Rd. This place is so unique, I had to take a couple of pictures. I am sorry I don't remember the name, but going over to Townsend from PF it sets on the left on a little hill. Some pictures of what I like inside.
I love this! I laugh every time we stop.
Close up of the moon shiner.
They have everything bear.
This is Linda and her "twin". Lol  Linda is so much fun and such a good sport. Yes, this is the same Linda who is helping Deb and the girls keep me from having too much blush and my lipstick above my lipline.!lol BTW she is the youngest in our group and I am the oldest. We laugh that she is enough like me to be my daughter. For instance. We were to meet in Townsend at 9:00. I said I didn't think I could get there that early and she said, okay 9:30. I agreed. Saturday morning I didn't leave home until 8:55, and had to stop at the ATM.I was pulling onto the main road(Clinton Hwy) when my phone rang. It was Linda. "I am running late "she said. I said ,"good I am too." I had no intentions of telling her where I was. In a minute she says,"I am just on Middlebrook". That is the road that runs by her subdivision. I just laughed out loud and said, "Well I am on Clinton hwy.". So we got there about the same time!
I may as well tell you about the rest of the adventure. We went to use the bathroom.PORT A POTTY!!!! Need I say more? Well my button popped off my shorts on to the floor. I would NOT pick it up, if we had found it.lol So I had to go into a booth that had sewing stuff and beg for a safety pin!!!It was a teeny tiny gold one, but worked.lol
We went on to PF and met the rest of our crew. We went to supper at the Applewood Farm House.
left to right, Linda Y, Regina M, Linda A, and me. You can tell we have such a good time together. Just as the girl started to take this, they called us to be seated. If you ever eat here, you will love it. They serve Apple Juleps, and apple fritters rolled in powdered sugar. Delicious. I sat in a chair that had powdered sugar on it, so you can imagine. Yes I had on black jeans!lol They were beating my behind trying to get it off in the parking lot and people were staring! I think they thought it was elder abuse!lol
Came home Sunday afternoon to a luncheon at church. It was wonderful. We have a couple who does BBQ and it is called Q we do.It is so good.

This is the cooks.
Helpers.
Monday morning got up early and went back to PF with Deb and Michael to Dollywood. We started with breakfast at our favorite breakfast place, Cracker Barrel. If you have never been to Dollywood, fall is the time to go. It is decorated so pretty.
This was the only picture I got! Well I got another but deleted it.lol
So that is my weekend and why I love to see October come in. I know this has not been the most interesting post, but wanted to let you know what was going on Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
PS: I will show you some new goodies next post. I am excited to get them placed.
PSS: I am hosting dominoes here tomorrow so I have got to get busy
PSSS:Remember October is breast cancer awareness month. Lets remember those who have been affected by it. Lets pray for a cure. My girls, Amanda and Tamra are doing great. Lets pray for those who aren't, Also lets encourage every woman to get a mammogram.







10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had by all. You make me dizzy with all your trips! I wish I had your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very interesting post,especially since that area is my favorite place to visit. I hope to make it there this month! I have been going back and reading your posts that I have missed,it is like a book you cannot put down,I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy October dear friend...
    Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are out on the town having a great time. WTG. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely outing with good friends. What fun you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt crane its awesome~ Lovely pictures thanks for sharing. Stop by soon for a visit.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Betty what a busy gal you are! How blessed you are with such good friends. Some day I would love to go to PF! It is on my dream list. Thanks for sharing!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy October Dear Praying Friend
    I too love October.
    My oldest was born in October.
    I am leaving for road trip to visit my childhood friend in a historic town in Va.
    FUN!
    Sending you a big ole hug.
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you are enjoying life.
    Happy Fall.
    Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy October!!! my favorite month too! So glad you are out enjoying these wonderful days!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.