Thursday, December 1, 2011

When All Through the House

The coffee is on, White Christmas, and it is so good. We also have cherry cobbler. So lets sit by the fire drink our coffee, eat our pie and talk. Can you believe it is the first day of December? I am just amazed at how fast the days go by. No, I don't have my shopping finished, but the house is decorated. lol Priorities, for goodness sakes. I told you last post I had redone my mantle, and I am finished with it now. This is it.
I am finally happy with it. I have had so much fun decorating this year. I'll share a few pictures with you. Okay? You are probably tired of seeing them. We bloggers love to share. Don't we?
This is a corner in the bedroom. The next ones are the tops of cupboards.
The last one is special because Deb made him. The next one is the best decoration!
Andrew and I had to postpone our cookie making. We will do that next week. I am so looking forward to that.
I'll share a picture of Debs.
Looking in her kitchen window.
Last time I shared a few Christmas books with you and I want to share another. It is Claude
the Dog,by Dick Gackenbach.
It was written in 1974 and was a Weekly Reader book. But it is so cute. It is about a dog who knows and shows the real meaning of Christmas. It has been one of my favorites. Another of my Favs is
You aren't surprised are you? lol
Tuesday my friend Carol and I were decorating her house and we ran over to Fresh Market to get some winter berries. I have never had them, but have seen them on your blogs. I am so excited to have some.
Well I am so glad you dropped in to visit. I am enjoying all of your decorations. I hope you leave feeling like you have visited a friend Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
PS Remember last post when I asked you to pray for Carols scan? Thank you, because it came back clear. God is so good. I notice in blogland there are a lot people asking for prayer. I am so happy to be a part of such a praying group.

14 comments:

  1. Betty, I never tire of looking at beautiful pictures of your home. Everything is so inviting and prim perfect and with the Christmas decorating even more so. Love all your antique pieces. Glad you got the berries. I have never heard of them. We just ues holly berries around here. So glad to hear Carol's scan was clear. Wonderful that God never fails to hear our prayers and you and I both know he does answer them also. Maybe not when we want but in time, he always comes through for us. Enjoyed peeking thru Deb's window. I must have looked at her home in Country Sampler 50 times already. Really enjoyed that article and pictures. Hope you have a fun filled weekend ahead. Take care
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading that CS on the way to Kansas, last week and realized who's house it was!...duh! I do remember you saying something about it. I love all the pictures you share, keep them coming, even if it isn't your house!

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty,
    Beautiful!!
    As always!!!

    PS. You were the 1st place winner in my stocking giveaway.
    Sorry to contact you this way but I only have yahoo email so I cant pull up your email link.

    Please email me at
    aprimitiveplace@yahoo.com
    let me know which of the 3 stockings you would like also your shipping information.

    Congratulations on the win!!
    Hugs,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love looking at your pics! Such beauty...thanks for sharing as often as you do! Congrats on winning Tammy's giveaway! Enjoy that little beauty! Until next time!

    ~Judy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Christmas decor! Your mantle looks so pretty and primitive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty... your home is looking so welcoming. :)

    hmmmm... what are those berries? Do you know?

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing your home and the stories behind things! I love the mantle with the trees!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God for good news, Betty!
    As usual everything looks beautiful - love how the winterberry looks!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous decor Betty - your mantle is especially wonderfully festive - love the feather trees with the pantries and measures - beautiful! And those old books are darling....I hadn't heard of those yet - might have to track them down. So glad to hear the good news for Carol...Wishing you a blessing-filled weekend....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty, loved seeing your home all decked out for the holidays. Enjoyed seeing a peak into Deb's home too, did she know you did that, lol! I always enjoy your posts. About your books, when my daughter was young she had all the Carl books, we used to look at them all the time. I love Carl and such fond memories of that time of my life. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, I wish I could sit and eat some of that cherry cobbler with you! I love all of your Christmas decorations. I'm finally going to get mine done this weekend. I'm so happy Carol's scan was clear. I hope she's feeling great! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodmorning Betty~ oh, inspiration~ of course I love your decorating~ the mantel is Breathtaking~
    Pretty view looking in Deb's window~
    have a joyful day~
    hugs
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful home. I love the fireplace grouping!
    Hugs,
    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures and decorations are beautiful. What lovely homes you and Deb have. You are blessed that you have beautiful things and know how to arrange them beautifully. Merry Christmas. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.