Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanksgiving and Thankfulness

Hi everyone, come on in and get a cup of coffee and sit and relax for a while. It is plain old DD today, but sometimes just plain coffee can't be beat. I am so thankful you came by. There are so many things I want to share, but I'll wait and not bombard you. Weatherwise it is a dreary day here today, but my spirits are not dreary. I am thankful Amanda is feeling better and her attitude is good. I am thankful my granddaughter Beth made it back home safe, after two different night trips from Illinois here to be with her sister. It is amazing how much we have to be thankful for. I am thankful this fellow is doing better, after what ever ordeal he went through the night of the break in.
He is such a sweetie and there is a possibility he was tasered. Whatever, he's getting  back to himself. Yes, I have started, actually, almost completed my Christmas decorating. I am thankful for that too. I want my time freed to help Amanda and Debbie,when they need me. I will be thankful I have it done, when it is finished.lol I don't have Thanksgiving here so it won't matter, I have it up early. Want to see a little more?
This tree has only homemade wax, gingerbread, and applesauce cinnamon ornaments on it. The lights are the old vicky jeans.
This tree only has lights and 12 shiny brite ornaments on it. Know why? These ornaments were given to me, by Pam and Frank Hendrix,Civil Folks blog, and when I look at it I see them, not a lot of ornaments. Just simple.No, I am not calling Frank and Pam simple.lol Although they call themselves "simple folks". They are anything but. Oh yes I am so thankful for all of my blogging friends. I cannot express my gratitude for all the prayers you have said. For all the RAK's you have sent, for the comments you leave and the emails. You are the best. For that I thank you for coming Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
PS because of all the prayers offered for Amanda, the oncologist told us we weren't fighting the beast, they originally thought we were. God is good. I will keep you posted, but please continue your prayers as her chemo starts soon.

11 comments:

  1. The trees are beautiful. I am so tempted to begin my Christmas decorating. I am so glad to hear Amanda is doing well. Again, to God be the glory! I am also happy to hear your beautiful dog is recovering. It is ashame what some folks will do to get what they want. Blessings and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very pleased that Amanda is in good spirits and that Beth has made it down to you too.A family united has the most amazing strength.
    I'm loving your decorations too Betty.I don't know where you get your energy but I'll have a bottle if you have some spare.Have a wonderful week and keep on smilin' and give Daskop a big cuddle.~Lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful Amanda is recouping and spirits up.Will continue to pray.I'm surprised they broke in with the dog,I know he is a baby but he looks intimidating.Hope it's not someone who knows you.I used to love making the waxed dipped gingerbread.So homespun country.Have a great week!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful that you are so positive. It is contagious. Still praying for you all of your family, as I know it really effects everyone.Glad to hear your pup is doing ok. The decorating looks great, I like all of the different trees and I love to hear the different memories everyone has to make there home special to them. Wishing you a special family Thanksgiving filled with God's love and grace. Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your sweet grandaughter are in my thoughts and prayers. As well as your sweet boy.
    Love your CHRISTmas decorations to friend.
    Love & JOY
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful news regarding Amanda! I am so happy for you all!

    Question regarding the wax ornaments on your tree...I just read that someone takes white bread, cuts out shapes, then dips them in wax a few times. Is this how you made yours? I'm tempted..I don't have a lot of room in my apartment. I always like to do my trees a little different every year...so I'm thinking maybe some cinnamon applesauce ornaments, a popcorn and cranberry garland, and maybe trying these wax ornaments!!

    Again I am soo soo glad things are going so well. Ohhh and the poor dog..who in their right mind would break into a house with a big ole boy like him standing guard! Lol..if he's anything like my dobermans were..he'd only lick them to death! But hey..no one needed to know THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear that Amanda is holding her own - my prayers for her and the family will continue nonetheless. And a lesser beast? Oh - that is good news. Love your decor Miss Betty....I'm just hoping I get my Halloween down before the big day....'else I need to find some little wreaths and such for the black cats and jol's! Wishing you a week filled with blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trees look wonderful! I am glad that everyone is doing better. Hopefully you have found some time to recooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy to hear your granddaughter is doing well. I hope your dog is ok..he is very cute. I love your trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to know Amanda is recovering from her surgery and doing better. I will keep her in my prayers. All my family is coming for Thanksgiving so I must decorate today. I usually do it in Sept. but with the accident and traveling I am behind this year. They usually help me put up Christmas decorations before they leave.... it seems kind of a shame to decorate for fall this week and take it down next week. I hope that I won't be so late on fall decorating again.
    I love all of your trees. Sorry about the break in. Have a good week. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good afternoon Betty, So glad to hear Amamda is doing well and that things aren't as bad as once thought. So proud for the family that Beth was there during Amanda's hospital stay. Having another doctor is never a bad idea. Thankful as well that she is safely back at home. Glad to hear Dasko is doing better, poor thing. Don't ya wish he could talk and tell you all about that night? God is so good isn't he? We ALL have so many things to be thankful for. Love your trees. I am so excited about my new one. I think it will be the first one I play with hopefully later in the week. Take care
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.