Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back Door Friends

What a beautiful fall Sunday afternoon to have you come Through My Back door. I am so happy you are visiting because it is so quiet here right now. Oh, don't forget your coffee, you know where to get your cups, and yes it is still DD. I am having a cup myself and it is much better when you can share with friends. This has been a Prim Perfect weekend, starting on Thursday afternoon. The first thing happened was when the mail came there was a box. Now, I hadn't ordered anything, and had no idea what was in it. I saw the return address, and by the size of the box,(dare I hope?) I tore into it so fast there is no picture. When I opened it here was what was in it.
It says Crowe Gathering! It was from my special friends and prayer warriors, Pam and Frank Hendrix, ShadeTree Primitives! Their blog is Civil Folks. I cried! I had seen it on the forum and asked if it was for sale and was told NO!Can you imagine how happy I was when I opened this? I don't think you can. Now here is the rest of the story. Sandi Stevens, from DayBreak Place, was on her way from West Va. to spend the weekend with me. Carla and Daryl Herron,from Il. were on their way too. There was truly going to be a gathering. Carla and Daryl stayed with Deb and Michael. Here is Daryl and Michael putting this sign up.
This is Carla, me,Deb, and Sandi.
Is this not a wonderful gift? Prim friends are the absolute best! I don't know if any of you have met any of your prim "sistas" or not. If not I certainly hope you do. We met Daryl and Carla in Il in March, and again at the Gathering in Lexington. That was the first time time we had met Sandi. We all connected immediately, and it is like we are family. The husbands hit it off too and Deb and Carla were happy about that.lol Phil, Sandi's husband, couldn't make it this time. He will next time.Thursday night we all went to Deb and Michaels for dinner. We ate talked and laughed until we cried.
Friday we shopped Clinton. I tell you guys, The speckled Hen and Corner Antiques are becoming known all over the USA.lol They had such a good time. All agreed that Corner Antiques has the best deals and atmosphere of any antiques store. The Hen is a shopping experience they all loved. It was my house for dinner on Friday night. The guys worked for theirs by hanging the sign. We girls were laughing too hard to work! Carla teased me about eating off the pewter, so Sandi and I agreed we'd use it, even if it had to be hand washed.lol (We are so scarificing)
Deb took this so she isn't in it. Can you tell by our faces how much fun we were having?
 There was some serious talking going on here.
Carla and Daryl left yesterday, but Sandi stayed until today. That is why it is so quiet here this afternoon. Dasko and I miss them already. We all met on The Primitive Pantry prim forum, so we have a lot in common, but it is like we have been friends for  years. I cannot explain the feeling of long time friendship. I wish it for the rest of you. Yes, Deb and I are planning a trip to West Virginia soon and we will also be in Illinois. I wish each of you could visit Through My Back Door, where life is good.
betty
ps: This date will always be etched in the hearts and minds of all Americans, as well as the rest of the world. Let us honor those who lost their lives, by living ours to the fullest and being with those we love.

8 comments:

  1. SO enjoyed your post Betty.
    As I always do..Your so warm and welcoming.
    What a wonderful surprise.
    Nothing in the world like good friends
    Blessings Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These beady ol crow eyes zoomed in on that sign immediately when I pulled your post up...and I was thinking, "hmmmm...that's gotta be new..." Love it!!! It is so crow(e) perfect!! What great friends - and great way to spend a few days....So glad you enjoyed. So, who did dishes?? ;o) Remembering 9.11....Hugs & Blessings ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a fabulous time!! So nice that you could all spend the weekend together.......
    Love the sign from Pam and Frank -- what a thoughtful gift!
    Hard to believe it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11 -- we wil never forget.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I had a great time "through your back door". I can't thank you and Deb & Michael enough for your wonderful hospitality. We had the greatest time and can't wait until we get to see you all again. I only wish we could visit each other more often!
    Hugs, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful surprise gift. I am happy for you. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty
    Fun time girl~ look at all of you~ smiles so wide & full~Happy times~ giggles~so glad you all had a blast
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sign! Glad to hear you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a wonderful time! Betty's home is more beautiful than pictures can depict and she was so welcoming! I felt so much at home there. I'm blessed to say I have actually shared a few cups of DD coffee with a most gracious host. Thank you so much for a great, fun time! Looking forward to your visit to Daybreak Place soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.