Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bread Boards and Textiles

Good Morning everyone and welcome Through My Back Door.
The coffee is on,(DD hazelnut) and the cups are out. Please help your self and come sit down. You can see it is going to rain, so we'll just sit in here where it is dry and cozy and talk. I truly love having friends drop by for coffee and conversation. It is just a blessing in one's life to have friends.
Last time we visited we talked about bread boards and I said I would share mine. Now I don't have many but the ones I have are special.I will share a few with you today.
This one is one of my first ones. The person who made it, made it from greenwood. Want to know how I know?
They put wood on the back to keep it from warping! I like the lollipop handle.
This one is the only round one I have and I love it. The knife marks are all over it and it has the lollipop top too.
This is a one board and has burn marks on it. It also has knife marks and is 23 inches wide. I think it is my favorite, other than the noodle board.
This is the noodle board,naked. See all the knife marks. It has really been used. These are my favorite boards, have a few more that are ho hum, but these are neat.
Also last week someone commented maybe I should use more textiles and suggested I collect Family Heirloom Weavers. Welllllllll, here are a few of their goodies I have. I did put some down will probably remove them through the summer and use them in the fall and winter. Here are a few of them.
Long table runner.
Short runner on entertainment center door.
This throw can be washed and used as a table cloth.
Brown striped throw.
Large throw used only as a table cloth. I love the pewter on this.
The mustard one in the pear basket. I'll show you one more.
This is on my bed. I love their stuff and would really like change this one to a red one.I am wanting to get some bedding from The Spotted Pony, but that is in the future.  As you can see, I don't need to collect anything else. Don't know how I ended up with all that Family Weavers stuff, but I did. It all came from my favorite store, The Speckled Hen in Clinton, Tn. Check it out if you are ever in the area.
I hope I haven't bored you today and I hope you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate so much everyone who comments. It is like chatting with a friend when I read them. Thanks for Coming Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
ps We all know life isn't about things. Those of us prim lovers know that. We know its God, family, and friends that are important. Things just make our homes and hearts cozy.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos Betty! I've been to one particular antique store in Clinton several times but didn't know anything about The Speckled Hen. Wish I did as it's doubtful we'll ever get down that way again : ( Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty,
    Love your bread boards and lovely weaver cloths.
    How did I know you would want a red coverlet?
    You must be related to my husband. He says red is cheery and helps keep the mind alert. Maybe he is on to something there. All the red around here seems to keep me moving.
    You are right about things we have, they aren't as important as family, health and friends.
    We all need those things.
    Have a great day.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like coming thru your back door, enjoying my cup of coffee and getting another little tour of your home with each visit. I hope your day is a wonderful one, Betty, and I will see you again soon, I hope!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your textiles and the cutting boards are just fantastic! Thanks for sharing, you have a wonderful, warm and inviting home, that I love to visit!

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bread boards and also the Family Heirloom Weavers stuff! I love coverlets in general and anything made of old wood. :o)

    By the way, you are never boring. I enjoy my visits with you. :o)
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo Sweet Betty!!! I just knew you were a gal after my own heart!!! Nothing is warmer than old wood (other than, maybe, a quilt) and I'm loving your textiles!!! That table display with the pewter (another of my addictions) has me drooling....You have such very lovely things ~ I can only believe they are a reflection of a very lovely person. Thanks so much for inviting me in...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your collection! Love the addition of the textiles to your displays .Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! I love your place, all of it looks so inviting. I agree with you sentiments, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, you have some awesome boards! I am loving that big round one!
    Good to see some textile softening your vignettes! I am loving the Family Heirloom Weaver items!!!!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty, Love your bread boards, I love to collect them two, just love wood items. Love your bed, really inviting. Really nice pewter collection, another one of my additions. Take care, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betty, I love all your bread boards and your collection of textiles!I just may have to check into the Family Heirloom Weavers to see what I might find:) Hoping you are having a lovely week!
    Hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Betty,
    I am always glad when I have a visit with you through your back door. I so enjoy looking at all the pretty and interesting things in your lovely home. Have a great 4th weekend. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Betty, Its your Gathering Room friend, Mary (Brobeeprim). I love using your back door. Bread boards are one of my weaknesses so you can imagine my delight at seeing your wonderful collection. The portraits in your bedroom are beautiful and add such a warm glow to the environment. I look forward to viewing every entry in your amazing blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.