Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Betty Had A Little Lamb, or Two

Since the sun is shining in East Tn and the temperatures are rising, I thought it would be a good day to come  Through My Back Door. You have been here enough to know where to find the coffee and the cups, so help yourself, find a seat and lets just chit chat. I know you are as happy about the warmer weather as I am. There has been a change Through My Back Door, that I wanted to share with you. I have always wanted a fireplace and there just wasn't anyplace to build one in this little house. So Debbie and Michael found this one and brought it to me. We are going to prim it up with red, but in the meantime I am enjoying it.
It isn't decorated like I want it yet. Any suggestions?
Now on to the title. I have shared with you before that my Mother always had a pet lamb when she was growing up on"the farm." After she died 10 years ago, I decided to collect sheep in her memory. A couple of years ago I downsized my collection and shared with my cousin in Michigan. Those  of you who have been coming Through My Back Door for a while, know I don't want anything around me I don't just love. I am going to share some of the sheep I just love. Most of them have no story, I just like the way they look.
Deb made the two above when she was going through her wax phase.
See the one on the left, on the next to the last shelf. This one was handmade by my good friend, Carol Brown. She had old cotton from her grandfather's
store. I just love him!

This is an autographed Tomie dePaola book. I love the cover.
Well I don't want to overload you with pictures, but this is just a few of the flock. There are more that I enjoy having around. I'll share them another time.
This is not a sheep of course, but he is the keeper of the flock and my favorite thing! He loves people coming Through My Back Door , where life is good.
betty

17 comments:

  1. Love your collection of lambs/sheep. I recognize a few of them -- as I have the same ones! You have them all displayed so nicely throughout your home.
    What a great fireplace -- it will look awesome primmed up in red! My sister and I just did an old mantel for her family room, and it came out great! I look forward to seeing your's after you have painted it.
    Thanks for the cuppa joe -- as always, I enjoyed it!
    By the way -- your buddy is so cute -- I have a few furry friends, too, that keep watch over things in the house!!
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, thanks for the tour of your sheep on display, I just love them! Oh my, I know that I am going to have to search for sheep, now! I love the ones on wheels and the mold...Thanks for inviting us in...Have a great day.

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty, You have a nice collection of sheep, I like how you have displayed them. I have a few, I think my favorite ones are the two I have that are on wheels they are really neat. Thanks for sharing your collection, as always I love visiting. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sheep collection!
    I just love your big Pooch! he is a cutie!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a lamb/sheep lover too, I loved seeing all of yours. Beautiful! Enjoy your new fire place, looks nice and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection of lambs!
    The dog looks like a keeper too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you do with that fireplace. I love all your sheep. You have them placed so beautifully! I love your dog..he is precious....looks a lot like my Max..choc Lab that watches over me. Blessings Betty...have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the sheep! Hmmmm, maybe we need to get Dasko a sheep suit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your lambs, Betty! I can't wait to see that fireplace finished! It looks great already! Enjoy that warmer weather. We are getting some of it, too. A very nice change!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have several of the same sheep as you do in MY collection! All of mine have little black faces cuz they're my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ms. Betty I LOVE your new fireplace and your sheep collection. I'm loving this warmer weather too!!:)

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your sheep...I have a small collection myself....thanks so much for sharing....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, you have a wonderful collection of sheep! I love all of your displays. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now you know I'd love all your lambs. Right now we have the real thing in our barn. I posted a photo of one of our lambs on APP. Thanks for sharing these neat photos.
    CountryKathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Betty,
    I love all your sheep. Sorry this is kind of late. Your doggie is so cute too, love his face!
    Have a good week.
    Blessings,
    Renee (still not smoking)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey betty i came for a visit,
    lol i never knew you liked sheep so much! but i must say the keeper of the flock is the best keeper i love him hope he loves me when i come throw the back door !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.