Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, Welcome 2011

Happy New Year to each of you and come on inThrough My Back Door. It looks a little better today than our last visit. Remember you couldn't even get through the door? Today it looks like this.

A lot better, huh? Well any way come on in, grab a cup of Dunkin Donut coffee, prop your feet up and lets just visit. If you are like me, you are ready for some down time. Don't get me wrong and think I 'm a fuddy duddy, cause I am not, but don't you agree its time for some quiet in our lives?  I want to read a good book, eat healthy, and Just Be! What about you? I am sure we have all reflected on 2010 and have decided we are going to make some changes this year. I read  somewhere that a lot of people are making Bucket Lists. That is well and good. I have NEVER been good at making resolutions and keeping them, so I just made one this year, that I strongly feel I can keep. You want to know what it is? Okay, I'll share. I WILL NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT! Now that is one I can keep. I decided after trying to lose the same 15 pounds the last 15 years, I'd just keep it. Know what I mean? If you are going to make goals, make realisitic ones. Anyway I am kinda' attached to those 15 pounds, we've been through a lot together.lol
I will share a little story about the table in the picture. I have only had it a few months. It is approx 1880 ish. Before I got this table I had this one.

It was just too big now. I had it for about 25 years. Well, my son and his wife decided they wanted mine to stay in the family,so they got it and were going to buy me another one. My d-i-l loves Craigs List, so she found the one in the picture I have now. Let me stop here a minute and explain something, I don't know if I have shared this so I will now. My husband and I were in the antique business for many years, bought and sold lots of good antiques, mostly high country as we called it. Well any way, when Michael and I walked in to look at this table I said ,"Oh my goodness, we used to own this table!" Well can you imagine the look he gave me? I think he thought she's getting senile on me! Until  I said,"It has booties to make it taller,(which he had already spied) and I said, "One of the legs has a large splinter out of it near the top!" Leg found, mind changed! I bought the table and we brought it home! It is a walnut two board top, that you would remember! And I did!
That is the story of the table that has come back home.
I hope each of you ushered 2011 in safely and had a wonderful time with family and friends. We celebrated New Years at Debs, as well as Christmas, since Beth and Ryan were in. As you know they live  in Springfiled Il, and are completing their residencies.

Here they are with you know who and that is a horrible picture. (Again a grandchild will get me for this one, this just happened to be the best of the bad) We stayed up until 1:00am playing games and yes the one in the red shirt stayed right there with us!!!ssshhhh don't tell his parents
Well friends I wish you all the blessings you can handle in this new year. I hope you will continue coming Through My Back Door, where life is good.
betty
I want to thank the Primitive Pantry for making my house the January House of The Month. I belong to two primitive forums and recommend joining to any of you who love prims. The other is A Primitve Place.

10 comments:

  1. Betty~ It's always such a pleasure sitting a spell with you.I'll have to check out Primitive Pantry I never heard of that one.Hope you have a blessed and joy filled New Year!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, I love your table story and I absolutely LOVE your table! I have not heard of the Primitive Pantry either - TFS.

    Have a Blessed New Year!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story with the table. It sounds as if you and your family had a great time for New Years. My husband and I just stayed in and watched movies....nothing spectacular....Our family is sooo far away. I will have to check out Primitive Pantry, I have not heard of that one either. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty! What a wonderful story about your table. You have a way of things returning to you, don't you? I remember the story about the cupboard you have, too. I guess they were just meant to be yours. Glad you had a great NYE with Beth and Ryan. Thanks for the coffee!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty,
    I am glad you had a nice time with family. What a neat story! I am glad your table made its way back home again!
    I am not one for making resolutions either, except I have one, and it will take some real doing for me. I have done it before, but it has been one that isn't a good thing, so just pray for me.
    Have a good day!
    God bless,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty...Betty...Betty...first of all I am glad I didn't have a cup of coffee because it would have shot out of my nose, from laughing so hard! I love that you have just been through so much with your 15 pounds that you just decide to keep it! Well good for you!! I think you look great! And the table story...well thats crazy!! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, thanks for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet comment. I am a member of APP, but had not heard of Primitive Pantry - I would love to see your home feature there, but hesitate to join another forum. I also belong to A Primitive Journey Community and The Olde River Road. It is hard to find the time to actively participate in all of them. I love your blog and am enjoying getting to know you.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty: Thanks for stopping by my blog, theoldefarmhouse.blogspot and for becoming a follower! I have just found your blog and have read each and every word and enjoyed it so much. You can really, write, girl! I love all the stories, especially the "table" one. Loved Mollie baby, the Rottie dog and your whole family! You are so fortunate. Come back soon so we can become better acquainted. Happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the story about your table! You have a wonderful way with words and writing....have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty
    Wonderful story of the table, I so enjoy reading your posts and the memories behind the scenes!
    both are beautiful tables!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.