Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuesday Treasure

Good morning and welcome Through My Back Door. Get your coffee and yes it is a redware mug and somehow, the coffee will just taste better. Trace Granny Trace Scraps & Squares
and I did a post last week on Tuesday Treasure. I am continuing that through Thanksgiving.
This week my treasure is something you have seen before. My cowbell.
 It hangs now on the side of my flat wall cupboard. It is another memory from my Daddy. He liked old things as well as I did, but my Mother cared nothing for them. So he was my partner in crime. I had wanted a cow bell forever and couldn't find one. (This has been many, many years ago). We lived in what was called a shot gun house. You came in the front door and the kitchen was at the end of the house, with the other rooms leading off a long hall way. One night while we were eating supper we heard the door open and clang, clang, clang, down the hall. There came my Dad into the kitchen with the cow bell around his neck. I still chuckle when I think of that.
You know what else makes me chuckle? You coming Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty

6 comments:

  1. That's a cute story Betty!!!!
    Hugs....Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story.. What a treasure to have with such a great story behind it.. Looking forward to your Treasure Tuesdays.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a neat old cow bell to treasure along with the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a awesome treasure with a wonderful treasured memory.
    You were blessed with a sweet Dad.
    Woolie Hugs to you Pal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, How I have missed you! so long since I visited through your back door! wonderful treasure! hugs! OLM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.