Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Potpourri of Summer

Good morning and come on in and get a cup of coffee while it is still cool enough to enjoy it outside. It is going to be so hot today, I didn't go on the Longest Yard Sale. Is this a sign I am getting old? Law, I hope not.lol I truly didn't need to spend any money and I have no room for anything, so I said, I would just stay home. Only the second time I haven't gone. The first time was after I had gotten Dasko and I couldn't leave him home alone that long. Anyway I love going, but I am happy at home this morning.  ON a FB group we have been sharing our baskets, so I decided to share some with you too. A lot of you aren't on there and you have probably seen them before, but thats ok.lol
Before I do that I will share my new chandelier. I am in love with it.lol It puts new meaning to "lighting up my life." It does literally.lol
My back deck is all finished except the staining which we will do in the fall. Those of you who know me, know I use the term "We" loosely.lol So when it is time to stain it, I will cook a big breakfast of cubed steak, gravy, biscuits(might even be homemade) and they will come, brush in hand.lol
I spend a lot of time out here now. It stays shady most of the day. I enjoy eating here too. I had and still do the patio, but I just enjoy this so much. I am thankful to my "boys' for all their hard work and time. When someone gives you a gift of their time, it is a gift they can never get back. I will have to say that Michael has worked on so many houses, built a lot of furniture and I think this was the first time he nailgunned his finger! OUCH!!!!! Curt jumped right on it and took care of it for him. Curt didn't :actually" jump on his finger, (that would have hurt much more, as he is a big guy)but he did the medical procedure.lol
OK time for baskets, but before I do have another chandelier and 2 floor cloths coming to share next time.
Won't be long until the geraniums will be put away for another year. Fall is around the corner.
This little basket holds wool from my friend Audrey in California. This is wool she has shorn from her own sheep. She is an amazing woman. She also spins.
Yesterday the "high school" group( that is the way Identify them to you. Card group, domino group)lol and I went to lunch at the Museum of Appalachia. We always enjoy our time together and chat non stop. Just like in High School.



We all ate pretty "Appalachian"  I got my favorite, meat loaf, as well as Alice and Kat. Patsy had chicken. We all ate too much for dessert, but one day I am going to get a piece of their cake. (If I don't get anything but)lol
Well I am going to comment on one of my pet peeves. Heels. Ladies, it is sandal season for petes sake check your heels. If you have been reading my blog long enough you know that drives me crazy!lol I see women all dressed up, hair in place, manicures, and horrible heels. Lotion, lotion, lotion. It is summer, everyone sees them. Now I have vented and I will hear about this from my friends (and my family. It is such a joke in our family, but it literally drives me nuts)
Well I am always happy to see you coming Through My Back Door where life is good.
betty
PS:Curt had a birthday yesterday and I want to wish him Happy Birthday
PSS: I ask that we all pray seriously for our country. Whatever your political views are, you know our country is needing prayer
PSSS: I PROMISE we will take that field trip. Things have been so crazy busy, that I have not taken pictures at Deb's nor Renda's.  I will I will

7 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Betty
    First off - love the new light. Green is a beautiful and natural color of nature so why not have some of it inside our homes as well.
    Fun time with friends and what a great place to have lunch - one day I'll see all the beautiful places all my blog friends mention....but for now I will enjoy it though the blog posts.
    Oh how Michaels finger must have hurt!!

    Lady - I'm with you and HEELS....it is one of mine and Doug's pet peeves as well. We have become horrible at looking at women's heels and wondering how in the world they let them get so CRUDDY and horrible looking. No amount of care will help some we have seen and you know what...lots of it is on young girls to mid ages....so sad. Okay my rant is over with lol

    Thanks for sharing with us again today Betty.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Betty...you made me hungry!!!!!!
    That would be fun to eat at that place. Someday I will make it there.
    Antique mall was very busy on opening day. That's all I have been doing lately.
    (((Hugs))))
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped by earlier today and left a comment via iPhone but it did not post.. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed my visit. Love all the baskets and your home as usual.. I know that back deck will be getting lots of coffee and Lord time..."if you cook they will come"...I know your painting will get done. That is the way it is around here too...lol I hope to visit for a short while on the 127 on Friday....If I feel better. I don't really need anything either...just love to look at all the junk...Have a great day! Enjoy and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Prayer Buddy
    Oh my I love your baskets and your come sit on me a spell deck.
    Oh the love laughter and new treasured memories to be made.
    My Son''s Wedding was perfectly wonderful in everyway.
    Love was everywhere.
    God is truly amazing. He makes just everything beautiful.
    Love In Him
    Your Woolie Friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have friends here in Florida that went on that longest yardsale, I am going to do it one day, maybe next year! Love your baskets, chandelier and deck! I am the same way about heels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great coffee time this morning Betty! Always in for a wonderful adventure with you :) I LoVe your new light. Green, and perfect in your home. My, but you have been busy. Always love having a " chat" with you. Great baskets collection and useful too. Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, I have a question about the red basket. Did it come that way or did you paint it? II bought a cute basket the other day at Salvation Army I am going to paint. Of course I wouldn't paint a good basket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.I love to read your comments.